The Integrated Maternal, Newborn & Paediatric quality of care assessment and improvement tool in hospitals allows use of a standard-based audit approach towards engaging hospitals in firstly assessing all key domains relevant to quality of health care for maternal, newborn & child health, secondly, in developing action plans for quality improvement at hospital and national levels which can be incorporated into the quality improvement cycle, so as to ensure replicability and comparability of results over time and across facilities.
The objectives of this webinar are:
- To share the lessons learned & best practices from field implementation of the quality of care assessment tool for maternal, newborn & paediatric care in 25 countries & 133 hospitals across 5 regions
- Encourage broad stakeholder discussions on quality of care assessment and improvement in hospitals for maternal, newborn & paediatric care, in the context of Universal Health Coverage
- Engage programme managers, partners, researchers and other players on quality of care for inputs & comments while the WHO team is finalizing the tool
Part 1: Presentations
- The Review of implementation features & observed gaps: Dr. Ornella Lincetto, WHO HQ/MCA
- Results of quality cycles and factors influencing change: Dr. Maurice Bucagu, WHO HQ/MCA
- Experience from Pakistan: Dr. Qudsia Uzma, WHO Pakistan
- Experience from Africa Region: Dr. Nancy Kidula, WHO AFRO Zimbabwe
Part 2: Questions and Answers
- Facilitation: Dr. Wilson Were, WHO HQ/MCA
This webinar is hosted by the WHO Department of Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health, and Ageing and the Network for Improving Quality of Care for Maternal, Newborn and Child Health.