This webinar shared new evidence on Kangaroo Mother Care and the impact of initiating KMC as soon as possible after birth compared with current recommendation of initiating continuous KMC only after clinical stabilization.
Part 1: Presentation
- Dr Rajiv Bahl, Newborn Unit Head & Head of Research, Department of Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health and Ageing World Health Organization, Geneva
- Dr Harish Chellani, Professor of Pediatrics, Safdarjung Hospital and Vardhan Mahavir Medical College, India
- Dr Helga Naburi, Pediatrician, Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Science, Tanzania
- Dr Gyikua Plange-Rhule, Senior Lecturer, Department of Child Health, Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital, Ghana
- Dr Kondwani Kawaza, Pediatrician & Lecturer, College of Medicine, University of Malawi, Malawi
- Dr Ebunoluwa Adejuyigbe, Professor of Paediatrics, Obafemi Awolowo University, Nigeria
- Dr Nils Bergman, Researcher, Department of Women’s and Children’s Health, Karolinska Institute, Sweden
Part 2: Questions & Answers
This series is organized by the Network for Improving Quality of Care for Maternal, Newborn and Child Health and ENAP, with the support of UNICEF and the World Health Organization.